Saturday 13 September 2014

Quadrathlon

So a quick update on the more social side of our adventure in Svalbard, last weekend was the annual Quadrathlon, Where you Kayak 5 km, cycle 13 km with a 20 minute brake where you shoot 5 rounds, which must be with in 12 cm of each other if not you gain time penalty's, continue cycling and them finish with a 5 km run. Sam and I thought that this would be a brilliant idea to enter on borrowed bikes which we did, it was an amazing day, absolutely loved every second of it! Both myself and Sam gained 2 penalty when shooting but by the end of the cycling Sam was absolutely caked in mud from the spray from his tired I had more of a city bike with mud guards, passing me on the run with a big white grin in between the blacked out face(I wish I had a picture to show you unfortunately I only have the picture below sam is wearing a bobble hat). Sam came in 1 hr 46:45  placing him second over all in the individuals races! Whoop go Sam. An amazing achievement with such high competition and borrowed gear, go you!

No comments :

Post a Comment